Parse Pay offers a fully-integrated point of sale (POS) and business management system (collectively with its related APIs and applications, the “POS System”) consisting of a suite of hardware, software, solutions, and services that help our Customers streamline operations, manage their business more effectively, and increase customer engagement and retention.
- “Customers” means the businesses, person, or entity that has purchased our products or services for use in their establishments.
- “Patrons” are the individuals who complete transactions with our Customers.
- “We” or “Parse Pay” means Parse Pay, Inc. (a Delaware Corporation)
- “Parse Pay Service” means Parse Pay’s point of sale (POS) and business management products and services, and any features, technologies or functionality provided by those products or services, offered by us from time to time, including the Parse Pay POS, Parse Portal, and Parse Pay Google and iOS applications (“Apps”) and parsepos.com (“Website”). Your use of the Parse Pay Service will also be subject to any allowances and/or limits that apply to the Parse Pay plan which you’ve purchased.
- “You” means the Customer and (where the context permits) includes any Authorized Users.
- “Personal Information” means (i) information that directly identifies you as an individual, like your name or your email address, or (ii) a combination of information that does not identify you on their own, but could identify you when combined using reasonable effort.
2. High-level Summary
3. Personal Information
When you visit our website, create an account, request information or evaluation tools (e.g., a product demo), communicate with customer service, or subscribe to email lists we may collect some, or all, of the following Personal Information from you:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
If you are a Customer, we will collect Personal Information from you in connection with your use of the Services, including, as applicable, your name, address, birth date, tax ID and/or passport number, Social Security Number, drivers’ license number, and banking or other payment information.
If you are an employee of the Customer, we may collect Personal Information from you in connection with your use of the Services, including your name, address, birthdate, and other information such as wage rates, salaries, and hours worked.
If you are a Patron who placed an order with, made a purchase from, or otherwise completed a transaction with one of our Customers, we may collect or receive the following Personal Information from you through your interaction with the Services during the course of such transaction:
- Last four digits of card number and expiry
- Transaction Details (e.g. amount, goods/services ordered, date, customer location, payment method and amount of payment)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
We may also collect information about you (whether as a Customer, Patron or Site visitor) from third parties and/or our business partners, such as publicly available sources, contact/mailing list providers, identity verification services, credit bureaus (if applicable), credit card companies and/or our business partners with whom Parse Pay has a business relationship.
4. Automatically Collected Information
When you visit the website, we will automatically collect information about you through cookies and similar technologies. When you access, use or interact with our Services, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Parse Pay may also collect Personal Information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
5. Device Information & Identifiers
When you use our Services, including but not limited to when you install software, download any type of Services or access the Services, on your computer, tablet, mobile device or any other devices, we collect device-specific identifiers and mobile network information including phone number, device type, device identifier, and operating system. We may also request access to certain rights on your devices, such as access to storage or camera, and the ability to send push notifications.
6. Other Information
We may also collect other information that does not identify or relate to an identified or identifiable individual, such as the browser and device information, demographic and other information that does not reveal the individual’s specific identity, and information that has been aggregated in a manner that it no longer reveals an individual’s specific identity. We may use and disclose such information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
7. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use Personal Information for our legitimate business purposes, including to provide, maintain, use, protect and improve our Services, and to develop new products and services. For example, we use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, process your transactions, and provide you with related customer service;
- To provide and create documentation, training, and professional services related to the Services;
- To send updated, administration information to you, such as changes to our terms and conditions, policies, as well as communications that we believe may be of interest. We will engage in marketing activities with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- To personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you. We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, security monitoring, fraud prevention, developing new products, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, and operating and expanding our business activities. We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- To fulfill our legal and contractual obligations
- To approve you for financing services, including for a merchant capital advance, or are otherwise a Customer applying for the use of the Services, we will request a credit report to determine your eligibility for such financing and/or recommend financing providers based on your credit profile, as applicable.
8. How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share the Personal Information that we collect as follows:
- With any of our parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies, agents, and business partners for the purposes outlined above;
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- hosting and database services,
- payment processors,
- identity verification services,
- mail, e-mail, and text messaging services,
- providers of analytics, data processing, order fulfillment, product delivery, user data management, and customer support services, and
- marketing, research, and survey services.
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- If we believe it is necessary to:
- protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
- enforce the terms of the Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies;
- protect us, users of our Services, or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- investigate, detect, and prevent fraud, security breaches; or
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
9. Your Information
In using our Services, you provide us with the following information which we store securely:
Account & Profile Information:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number and country
- Profile information such as a username, profile photo, and job role
- Preferences information such as notification and marketing preferences
We also store information you upload to or send through our Services, including:
- Information about products and services the Subscriber sells (including inventory, pricing, sale, transaction, tax, and other data)
- Information about the Subscriber or the Subscriber’s business (employee, customer, and contact data)
We ask for and collect personal information from you when you submit web forms on our websites or when you participate in any interactive features of our Services, participate in a survey, competition, promotion, activity or event, apply for a job, request customer support, download content, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us.
We implement commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, designed to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that internet, text or e-mail transmissions are fully secure or error-free, or that any Personal Information in our possession is fully protected from all loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. In particular, e-mail or messages sent to or from our Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us.
11. Your Choices
As a Customer with an account, you may access, change, or correct your personal account information at any time by logging into your account.
As a Patron or visitor to the Site, if you believe that we have information about you that should be changed or corrected, you may submit the request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to verify your identity before changing or altering your information.
Please note, however, that due to legal, contractual, and technical restrictions, we may not be able to make the requested change or correction. For example,
- If we received the information about you from one of our Customers, we may be legally and contractually required to refer your request to that customer;
- In the event of legal action or dispute, we may be prohibited from altering any information; or
- We maintain regular backups and archives of our data, and changing archived data may be impracticable.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Parse Pay by using the unsubscribe link within each email or contacting us via our home page or sales team. Even after you opt-out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding Services (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, technical and security notices).
State Privacy Rights
Some state laws may provide additional rights and protections for your information and privacy. For example, California law permits residents of California to request certain details about the information we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at email@example.com.